Home » , , , » Sue Spargo Magnolia Quilt- Block 3

Sue Spargo Magnolia Quilt- Block 3

This is my third block of my version of Sue Spargo's Magnolia Quilt. It is turning out to be an extremely bright quilt but I really like it. I have been collecting a lot of different threads and fabrics lately with this quilt in mind. Sue's who philosophy is that you can combine any fabrics especially felted wool and layer the fabric to give it texture. She then embellishes her work to give it even more dimension. She used perle cottons, silk threads, wool threads, chenille threads, beads and a whole lot of different embroidery stitches to make her work so interesting. I am trying to make mine interesting as well. It's fun doing the embellishments as you can keep going and going and going!! I have started to cut out my fourth block and will continue working on it tonight. Stay tuned for more! If you are interested to see some of Sue's work, check out her blog.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Randi Sal Finishes - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger