Home » » Sue Spargo taught by Judy Edenborough

Sue Spargo taught by Judy Edenborough


Today mum and I did a Sue Spargo workshop taught by Judy Edenborough. The workshop was held at Killara Village Quilt Shop. Judy is a fun and enthusiastic teacher who makes her own hand-dyed wool fabric. She has an amazing mix of colours. Sue Spargo allows Judy to teach her designs but she also has some great designs of her own. We absolutely loved the class today and am very inspired to continue making more. The wool fabrics are stunning and we also used some great new wool threads which are available at the Killara store. It is really hard to find great wool fabrics but you can get them from the shop or from Judy. You can email Judy at hotginger@y7mail.com and just let her know what you want and she can dye the wool in any colour. If you want to make a particular Sue Spargo design, she can also make up kits. The interesting thing was putting together our own colours. Mum and I did one square each and will continue to make the squares until we finish the quilt. Our colour combinations were very different. The quilt in the photo was made by Judy from Sue's design. Sorry the pictures aren't very good as I took them on my phone! Sue Spargo is coming to Australia in August but I am sure that all of her workshops are probably sold out. I know that I am on a long waiting list at Killara. The next best option is to go to workshops with Judy. She will be having more classes at Killara in Sydney and you can call the shop to book into a class- 02 94995422 or email mail@killaravillagequilts.com.au. All I can say is that we have fallen in love with wool fabrics and will be doing a lot more. I am a novice quilter and I found it very easy. My next step will be to make the Magnolia quilt that I love and previously blogged. We will blog our first blocks when we get them finished.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Randi Sal Finishes - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger