Home » , , , » Wonderful Embroidered Japanese fabric

Wonderful Embroidered Japanese fabric

A few years ago on my last visit home to Australia my aunt gave me this stunning strip of embroidered Japanese fabric. It was a long strip someone had cut, she didn't know what to do with it so she gave it to me. It is hand embroidered with silk thread in the most gorgeous colours. I don't know if anyone has seen Japanese embroidery up close but I wanted to mention that the back is almost as perfect as the front! It must take forever!!! I had forgotten about this piece as I didn't sew when she gave it to me so had put it away. A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning out my fabric cupboard (as you do when you need to make space for more!!!!) and I found it. I took one look at it and knew exactly what to do - of course a scarf! I luckily had this wonderful textured fabric in the same colour a decorator had given me to back it with and just finished it off with a lovely linen trim I found in my favourite shop in the Dolomites. I'm sending it off to my aunt as a surprise I think she'll be thrilled. Oh and I might mention I kept a piece for me too as it was very long!

Qualche anno fa durante mio ultimo viaggio in Australia la mia zia mi ha regalato questa stoffa Giapponese ricamato a mano con fili di seta. La mia zia non sapeva cosa fare con questa bellissima stoffa e quindi me l'ha regolata. All'epoca non cucivo cosi lo messa via e mi sono dimenticata che esisteva. Un paio di settimane fa mettevo apposto l'armadio con le mie stoffe (una cosa che uno fa quando deve fare spazio per più stoffe!!!!!), e l'ho trovata. Quando l'ho vista non potevo credere che mi sono dimenticata è cosi bella e sapevo esattamente cosa fare - una sciarpa!!! Per fortuna avevo una stoffa dello stesso colore che un'arredatrice mi aveva regalata da usare per il retro e poi l'ho rifinita con un macrime di lino. Adesso lo spedisco alla mia zia come regalo, sara felicissima e un pezzo me lo sono tenuto!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Randi Sal Finishes - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger